Basements don’t have to be dank, dark spaces. With modern finished and other features, it can become an inviting, comfortable living space. You know what you need; we’ll help you get it.
Some Basement Renovation Ideas Include:
- Home Entertainment: Need a better place to watch TV and relax? You can go with a simple TV room with built-in storage and display shelving. Or, go all out with a complete home theater space that includes surround sound, tiered seating, and a minibar.
- Play Room / Game Room: Tired of tripping over your kids’ toys in the living room? Design a great playroom or game room with pool tables and video game consoles.
- Home Office: Instead of using the corner of your bedroom guest room, your basement can transform into a productive, well-lit, quiet workspace with plenty of room for storage.
- Extra Bedrooms: Siblings getting too old to share a room, or do you want a beautiful, more private space for guests? Basements are a great place to add additional sleeping spaces.
- Home Gym / Workout Studio: Instead of paying for and driving to the gym, wouldn’t you love to workout at home? An at home gym makes staying healthy as easy as walking downstairs.
- Man Cave /Woman’s Retreat / Hobby Space: Whatever your hobbies and interests are, a basement can give you the space to pursue them.
Benefits of Basement Remodeling
- Increased Property Value Converting unused basement space is a great way to improve your property value. Basements offer the best return on the investment versus additions, which require foundations, exterior walls, or roofs.
- Flexibility: Unlike the other rooms of your home that have pre-designated uses, your basement remodel can suit your exact needs. Whether you need more sleeping, entertaining, or hobby space – the sky’s the limit.
- Comfort Well-insulated, renovated basements often stay cool in the summer and warm in the winter. In addition, they are usually the quietest rooms in the house.
- Order and Storage Unfinished basements often aren’t utilized effectively. The result is storage boxes stacked or scattered around. Finished basements can include built-in storage space to keep your belongings organized and out of the way.